Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Super Bowl Cake

It has been far too long since I have updated my blog. Life gets crazy around the holidays! I know it is a lousy excuse, but a true one nonetheless.

So onto the cake. I made this cake for a friend of the family, he asked for it to tease a friend of his on Super Bowl Sunday. The friend was certain the Jets were going to make it this year, so when they didn't my friend wanted to rub a little bit of salt in the wound. He asked for a Jets team football. After some extensive googling, this is what I created. I am not a football fan, much less a Jets fan specifically, so I did my best recreating something I am only vaguely familiar with.




Typically I would have covered the whole cake in fondant but they specifically wanted it to be covered in buttercream. I had to add some fondant accents to make the football have the right look. I am pretty happy with how it came out overall. It was dark chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling. I heard it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment