Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Monday mishaps...

So the rebels that Anne and I are decided to go to the grocery store at 7pm last night in hopes of coming home to cook that mustard crusted chicken and the delicious roasted sweet potatoes and then go to see Juno at 9:45 on the Commons. That plan did not even come close to working out as we had hoped.

We got to the grocery store a bit before 7, didn't leave until after 8, didn't get home until after 8:30, and didn't end up eating until 9:15ish. As we started preparing dinner Anne informed Kristyn and I that it was time to leave for the movie. We didn't see Juno last night.

We did eat the most delicious Feta and Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken and Lemon Parmesan Orzo though. It was truly amazing. I didn't follow a recipe, I just made it up as I went along. I ended up making a sauce by deglazing the pan with simply water, adding sundried tomatoes to that, letting it simmer while the Orzo cooked, and then finishing it off with a tiny bit of feta simply to add creaminess to the sauce. It was very good, and the sundried tomatoes in the sauce went delightfully with the lemon/parmesan combo on the orzo.

Tonight I will make the mustard crusted chicken. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment